Enforcing Judgments in California and Other States. At no cost to you.

CALL 888 749 1137


Will the Court help me collect on my unpaid judgment?

After the Court appointed Judge, decided that the person you sued does indeed owe you money, you are on your own to collect it. In fact, by law – court clerks are not allowed to give you legal advise, on how to proceed with collecting on your judgment. Most of the judgment creditors do ask the judgment debtors to pay their judgments, and simply gave up, when they refuse to do so.


Can I use a collection agency, to collect on my judgment?

Yes you can, however most collection agencies will simply contact your debtor for payment. In addition to that, collection agencies may even place a mark on your debtors record, in hopes of collecting on that judgment.


What exactly do you do, that I cannot do?

We are a Judgment Enforcement Specialists. We have legal access to the sensitive information that is used to inforce your judgment. We are very experienced, and do a lot of skiptracing, locate bank accounts, locate places of employment and wages information. That is the information that is accessible by federal, state and county governments, and other agencies, and not available to the general public.


What is the Statute of Limitations on my judgment?

In California, every judgment is valid for up to ten years. Before the judgment expiration date, it can be renewed.


Do you accept judgments from states, other than California?

Yes, we do. Your judgment can be transferred to California, from other states. Thereafter, it can be inforced in the State of California.


Do you accept all judgments?

We do not accept all judgments. If you have a judgment, please complete Case Submission Form. After careful investigation of debtor(s), we will notify you of our decision.


Am I responsible for out of pocket expenses?

No. You pay no fees, expenses of costs involved with enforcement of your judgment. If we select your judgment, we will advance all fees, and are reimbursed when we successfully recover on your judgment.


How will I know what is happening with my case?

At Capitol Asset Recovery you are our first priority. Once we take assignment on your judgment, our recovery specialist will periodically updated you on the status of your judgment, and any actions taken.


What is the difference between you and an attorneys?

Our firm specializes in collecting on unpaid court judgments. Unlike attorneys, who charge average customary hourly fees of $275, and often require a huge payments upfront, we do not charge those fees. We work strictly on contingency basis. If, after investigating your judgment and your debtor, we feel like we are able to help, we will offer you to take an assignment on your judgment. There are lots of costs involved with collecting on judgments, but the good news is we never ask for upfront costs from you. Most likely you already spent lots of money, suing your debtor. In the unlikely event that we are not able to collect on your judgment, you will not owe us anything.


How are you able to legally collect on my judgment?

The way we work, is we obtain an assignment on a judgment – from judgment creditor. Basically we buy your judgment, for a percentage of a future proceeds, where payments are deferred until we start receiving funds. You will start receiving funds, when we levy a debtors bank accounts, garnish debtors wages, etc. We also may seize cars, boats, planes and other equipment to satisfy our unpaid judgments.


Can I recover interest on my unpaid judgment?

In California, you are entitled to a 10% annual interest, on unpaid judgments, since the Award Date. If after consideration, we do accept your judgment for enforcement, we will then fill out necessary forms, and calculate interest due.


How long before I actually see results?

On our end, we pursue every judgment without delay, however because of very few court personnel, it takes a while for the paperwork to be processed by the courts. In reality, it may take 2 months for the court to process and acknowledge an assignment on a judgment. During the time that we are going after your debtor, we do want you to know that we are constantly working on it.


Do you guarantee that you will collect on my unpaid judgment?

In real life – there is no guarantees of any kind. The only promise and guarantee that we will make you, is that:

  1. We will not charge you a penny, if we are not able to collect on your judgment.
  2. We will pursue your case professionally, agressively, with a goal of getting you paid as quickly as possible.
  3. We will not take assignment on your judgment, unless we are sure that we can collect on it


What do you charge?

Your judgment is purchased for a percentage of what can be recovered. The rate in this industry is pretty standard:  you will receive up to 50% of your Judgment amount. Our half includes fees, to cover Sheriffs Fees, all kinds of Court Fees, skiptracing, process server fees, investigations and other fees.

 50% of Nothing = Nothing.

50% of Something = Something.

Even though your judgment is for a bigger amount, it is only worth – how much can be collected on it. There are lots of costs involved in this business. Every month we spend thousands of dollars, in all those  enforcement fees. The good news – is that our work does not go invain! We Get you Paid. Period.


How can I be sure, I will receive my part on the funds, that you are able to recover?

At Capitol Asset Recovery, we do have a fudiciary duty to the original creditors of judgments. We are professional judgment enforcement company, and are members of professional organizations such as CAJP. Once we are able to recover funds, you will receive a check for us within 30 days, in some rare instances it may take 90 days. Please allways remember that we are truly committed in showing you the results .


Someone owes me money, can you garnish their wages, or levy their bank accounts?

If someone owes you money, and is not paying, you may have to sue them in court. If they owe you a smaller amount, you may be able to sue them in Small Claims Courts, while for bigger amounts, it is done in Superior Court. You either sue them yourself (pro se), or hire a collection agency or an attorney. Once you obtain a judgment through the court system, and they dont pay you (which is most likely, happens in 80% of cases), simply contact us, and we will see if we are able to help.


I am sold, what is the next step?

Great, simply complete the online Case Submission Form, and we will contact you with further information and instructions.